Tackle is looking for an experienced technology consultant to join our team. Minimum 2 years consultant experience.
As a consultant, you will use your technology acumen to collaborate with team members to evaluate, define, research, architect, and recommend solutions to our clients. Our goal is to match the organization’s needs with the best resources, processes, and outcome. You are comfortable working directly with clients, senior consultants, and project managers.
We primarily work with Salesforce, Neon One, and Blackbaud CRMs, plus most online fundraising platforms and email marketing platforms. This position needs to have solid knowledge and experience working with at least some of these systems, and ability to quickly adapt and learn new systems as needed. Read more about our services at tackle.consulting/services.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Participating in discovery and research to learn about the client’s needs
- Defining and improving business processes, using workflow diagrams
- CRM system configuration (custom fields, objects, custom reports, etc.)
- Marketing system support (email marketing primarily)
- Donation system configuration (custom donation forms, system set up)
- Drafting assessment documents that outline discovery findings and provide project recommendations
- Provide user support and training, including writing how-to documents
- Data clean up and duplicate resolution
Generally speaking, we are looking for someone with experience with all or some of the following.
- Experience working with nonprofits
- CRM administration (Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics preferred)
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time – prioritization, estimating effort, and providing weekly updates
- Experience working with various marketing/fundraising technology systems (Fundraise Up, Qigv, Luminate Online, Mailchimp, Pardot, Donor Drive etc.)
- Developing new technology business processes
- Creating reports and data analytics
- Comfortable learning new systems on the fly
- Experience with system/data migrations a plus
- Ability to frame the areas of concern, agree on intended results, set priorities, arrange a timeline for completion of the work, and identify criteria for success
- Interested in nonprofit sector trends and continual education for professional development
In addition to your technical expertise, we are looking for someone with a strong set of soft skills for working with our clients and other team members.
- Full-Time (40 hour work week)
- Ability to consistently meet business goals (certifications, billable hours, project delivery milestones, training others, etc.)
- Manage daily workload for multiple clients (calendar, services forecasting, planning)
- Ability to create consultant task timelines for technical deliverables
- Effective communication with internal and external clients (customers and co-workers) – project communication, working sessions with clients, team meetings, client status calls, responsiveness to chats, etc.
- Consistent time-tracking from week to week
- Ability to manage technical expertise and planning with client’s budget for a project (responsible for staying within budget)
At Tackle, we believe nonprofits do critically important work. It’s our mission to empower nonprofits through technology so they can spend more time focusing on growing their organizations. Read more about us at tackle.consulting/about.
Tackle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to foster a culture that is unconditionally inclusive, and that starts with our employees.
- 11 paid holidays per year
- 2 paid hours on election days (go vote!)
- 20 paid vacation days per year (with incremental increases at year 3 and year 6)
- generous stipends for medical, dental, and vision benefits
Applicants can be located anywhere in the United States, but must be available during the standard work week (Monday-Friday) and business hours (8:00/9:00AM to 4:00/5:00PM). We are a 100% remote company.
For consideration, please apply on our website or send your resume to [email protected].