LOCATION: New York, NY
For 70 years, myFace has focused on providing access to holistic comprehensive care, education, resources and support that pave the way for better outcomes for those impacted by craniofacial conditions.
As the myFace team was preparing for an upcoming fundraising event, they were interested in improving the integration between their online auction platform and Salesforce/Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) CRM. Since their team is small and they did not have a dedicated tech person to help navigate this integration, they reached out to Tackle to help. We were happy to jump on board, especially because we had worked with Stephanie Paul, myFace’s CEO, at another nonprofit previously and were big fans of the work her and her team were doing through myFace.
While discussing the details of myFace’s upcoming event and how they were looking to use their auction data in Salesforce/NPSP, it became very clear that they had some long-standing frustrations using NPSP, Salesforce itself, the other systems in their fundraising landscape, and any business processes that touched these systems. And the biggest frustration of all was that they didn’t feel that they had any sort of path to start to resolve any of them!
myFace knew that they could contract with a consulting company like Tackle on a specific, defined project like the one we were working on. However, the numerous smaller and more nebulous issues they were unsure how to best address. Their team knew (or strongly suspected) that something wasn’t ideal in what they were doing, but it wasn’t clear whether it was a system limitation, a training issue, or if the process in question just hadn’t been implemented correctly in the first place.
Right away we tackled the auction data integration and set the myFace team up with Help Desk so we could assist with these quick questions, troubleshooting, data updates, and any other technical issue that needed to be addressed.
Some of the early Help Desk tickets we assisted them with were:
- Deciphering Salesforce (and other) system notifications and alerts: Does this actually impact our org? Do we need to take any action? Should we consider using this new feature?
- Troubleshooting various donor/donation data issues and syncing errors
- Improving the integration between Salesforce/NPSP and their online fundraising and peer-to-peer platforms
- Changing field names and page layouts to better align with their terminology and processes
- Assistance with list pulling and report design and filter criteria
- Various best practice/usage questions for NPSP
- Data pull for a marketing analysis by an outside vendor
Once that initial integration was complete, our team recommended a data and systems audit to start unpacking all of the long-standing issues myFace was struggling to address so we could help them utilize their technology in a more efficient way. We came out of that data and systems audit with some specific projects regarding their data organization, reporting, and peer-to-peer system integration.
- OneCause (Peer-to-Peer, Donations, Auction)
- Click & Pledge (Donations)